Members of AA Namibia can contact a local,¬†independent towing service provider “TOW-IN Specialist”¬†who will do their very best to assist you on the roadside in case of a mechanical or eletrical break down and tow in your vehicle to a place of repair or safety.
AA Members will be required to pay the full cost of the service and claim for a refund according to the terms and conditions of Towing Services’ as set out in the menu to the left.
Contact our Tow-in Professional
085 255 5500 or 081 218 4552
We are available 24/7 on the Road.
Collisions and Legal Obligations
- Stop immediately.
- Determine the nature and extent of any injuries and give all possible assistance to the injured.
- Call the Police and an ambulance immediately if any person has been killed or injured.
- Determine the nature and extent of any damage caused.
- Give your name and address and the name and address of the owner of the vehicle and its registration number, to any person who has reasonable grounds for requiring this information.
- Give your name and address and the name of your insurance company to any person with reasonable grounds for requiring this information.
- Produce your driver‚Äôs license and report the collision to the police within 24 hours if the details were not taken by a traffic officer at the scene of the collision.
- Record the scene of the collision through simple sketches or diagrams.
- Avoid making statements which may be incriminating.
- Record the identities of the other parties/witnesses and the circumstances of the collision using the collision report form.
- If any person has been injured or killed, do not move the vehicles involved unless authorized by a traffic officer. If the vehicle obstructs the roadway completely, you may move the vehicle after clearly marking its position on the roadway. The vehicle may be moved only to sufficiently allow for a free flow of traffic.
Insurance, Nationality Plates & Drivers License
Third Party Insurance
The Namibian third party insurance premium is built into the price of fuel and no additional charges are payable. Tokens are not provided for display on vehicles.
The nationality plates for the Republic of Namibia (NAM) must be displayed on all vehicles, caravans, trailers and motorcycles when travelling outside Namibia, i.e. if Namibia is the country where the vehicle is registered. NAM stickers can be purchased from AA Namibia Offices in Windhoek.
A driver‚Äôs license from any country, bearing a photograph and the signature of the holder, will be accepted in Namibia if the license is in English, or has a sworn translation into English attached to it. This applies only to a non-permanent resident. As soon as permanent residence has been obtained, the holder thereof must apply for a Namibian driver‚Äôs license, within six months from the date of receiving permanent residence. Overseas visitors must be in possession of a valid International Driving Permit.